Chai for the soul

This is a picture I took yesterday in Vienna of my before-the-hurricane-cup-of-tea, inspired by my actual blog addiction (see below). Tea with milk is another addiction I have since my first trip to Sri Lanka many years ago. I overcame it for a few years, until I travelled through Pakistan. There's an enormous difference between tea with milk and real chai. The secret is to start with heating some milk, adding tea and spices like cinnamon, cardamom and cloves, and add the water when the milk starts boiling.

Dies ist ein Bild, das ich gestern in Wien gemacht habe, von meiner vor-dem-Hurrikan-Tasse Tee, inspiriert von meinem derzeitigen Lieblingsblog (s. u.). Nach Tee mit Milch bin ich ebenso süchtig wie nach meinen Lieblingsblogs, seit ich vor vielen Jahren in Sri Lanka war. Ich habe mir den Chai langsam und mühsam abgewöhnt, bin aber wieder rückfällig geworden, als ich durch Pakistan gereist bin. Chai-Tee kann man nicht mit dem britischen Tee mit ein bißchen Milch vergleichen. Das Geheimnis ist, erst die Milch mit Gewürzen wie Zimt, Kardamom und Gewürznelken zu erhitzen, dann mit Wasser aufzugießen und kochen zu lassen.

My most favourite blog addiction of this week is rangacupofchai.blogspot.de (see the beautiful picture below), a blog that just shows pictures of cups of tea - perfect small, precious, quiet moments of peace and warmth - they reflect in a beautiful way exactly what a cup of chai promises.

Mein Lieblingsblog-der-Woche ist rangacupofchai.blogspot.de (siehe das wunderschöne Bild unten), ein Blog, der nur Bilder zeigt von Teetassen - perfekte kleine, kostbare, ruhige Augenblicke von Frieden und Wärme. Sie reflektieren auf wunderschön Weise genau das, was eine Tasse Chai verspricht.
Pin It!

1 Kommentare:

Anonym | 5. Juli 2012 um 10:57

Thank you!
I´ve always been wondering why my chai never even got close to what I was expecting (and hoping for) when I tried to prepare it at home.
(I put it down to buying the wrong product and went through a felt 1.000.000 diffenrent brands, to no avail.)
But cooking the milk first does make the difference.
XXX, Sue

Kommentar veröffentlichen

I'd love to hear from you - Eure Kommentare sind das Schönste am Bloggen ...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...