My cat (not really)


   When I moved into my new appartment about 5 months ago, I was happy to find out that there's a cat living in my backyard. Since I always was too often away from home, I couldn't have a pet for my own, so I decided to adopt this cat. I didn't tell her, so obviously this is the reason why she's still more than shy. But this is just a minor communication problem.
In the evenings, as soon as I'm going to prepare dinner in my kitchen, the cat appears, hoping for a small treat. I don't feed her, since she looks very well-nourished, but I found some low-calorie-cat-bits she graciously accepts - but usually only when I am not too close.
Last week was the first time in 5 months she ate from my hand. She's still shy, and she needs a lot of time until she dares to come close enough, but it's OK; she reminds me of myself. If it's true that everybody has the cat he or she deserves, "my" cat is the perfect mirror of how guardedly I am when it's about being really close to other people. So I am learning from her, and she learns to trust. Not enough to stay long enough for a non-blurred picture, but both of us are still learner drivers of life.

Als ich vor 5 Monaten hier eingezogen bin, habe ich mich sehr gefreut, dass eine Katze im Hinterhof lebt. Ich war immer zu viel unterwegs, um selbst ein Haustier zu haben, und habe mich deshalb entschieden, diese Katze zu adoptieren. Ich habe ihr nichts davon erzählt, und vermutlich ist sie deshalb noch so extrem scheu. Aber das ist sicher nur ein kleineres Kommunikationsproblem.
Abends, sobald ich in der Küche stehe, um was zu kochen, kommt die Katze und hofft auf ein Katzenwürstchen. Ich füttere sie nciht richtig, sie ist ziemlich wohlgenährt, aber ich habe ein paar kalorienarme Katzen-Leckerbissen gefunden, die sie gnädig annimmt - wenn auch meist nur, wenn ich mich in gebührender Entfernung aufhalte.
Letzte Woche war es das erste Mal in 5 Monaten, dass sie aus meiner Hand gefressen hat. Sie ist immernoch scheu, und sie braucht lange, bis sie überhaupt nahe genug kommt. Aber das ist OK, denn sie erinnert mich n mich. Wenn es wahr ist, dass jeder die Katze hat, die er verdient, dann ist 'meine' Katze ein perfekter Spiegel davon, wie vorsichtig ich bin, wenn es darum geht, Menschen wirklich nahe zu kommen. Also lerne ich von mir, und sie lernt langsam, zu vertrauen. Nicht genug, um lange genug für ein unverwackeltes Bild zu bleiben, aber wir sind beide so etwas wie Fahrschulanfänger des Lebens.
Pin It!

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

I'd love to hear from you - Eure Kommentare sind das Schönste am Bloggen ...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...