sweet vs spicy

I saw those chile peppers on the wall when leaving my turkish shop today to with two cans of chick peas, and I suddenly asked myself why I always hope for the easy and sweet things in life. Years ago, my friend-and-still one-of-my-favourite-persons wrote me on the back side of a letter - yes, it was a time when I had to wait 5 weeks for an answer from New York, but then received it in form of a real letter which made it all the way over the ocean to my mailbox - she wrote: nobody has promised that it would be easy.

She was talking about life in general, and she was right. Nobody has promised that life always would be easy and sweet, but isn't it just the chili or sometimes a bit of bitterness that makes life taste sweet afterwards? Therefore, I decided to stop looking for something else than I have right now in my life.

And there is always hot chocolate with chili ... it's not about 'or', it's about 'and' ...


Diese Chilischoten habe ich heute bei meinem Türken an der Wand hängen sehen, als ich den Laden mit zwei Dosen Kichererbsen verlassen wollte. Und ich habe mich gefragt, warum ich mir immer ein süßeres und leichteres Leben wünche, es ist doch gerade der Kontrast, wenn man etwas Bitteres oder Scharfes gegessen hat, der einem nachher das Leben süß erscheinen lässt. Also habe ich beschlossen, ab sofort nicht nach etwas anderem zu suchen, als was ich gerade in meinem Leben habe. Und es gibt immernoch heiße Schokolade mit Chili - ich glaube an 'und', nicht an 'oder' ...
Pin It!

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

I'd love to hear from you - Eure Kommentare sind das Schönste am Bloggen ...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...