Friday food photo: Purslane sandwich



My ardour for discovering new food and tastes led me to purslane today. The Turkish owner of the market booth where I bought it asked me whether I knew how to prepare purslane, he had no idea. Neither had I. So I started with a sandwich which hardley can go wrong. I bought baguetto with olives, spread it with horseradish cream cheese, dried tomatoes and the purslane, topped with balsamico cream. And loved it. The purslane tastes a bit bitter like rocket salad but is way easier to chew), which was a perfect combination with the hot cream cheese, the salty tomatoes and the sweetness of the balsamico cream ... spring food at it's best!
_____
Meine Leidenschaft, neues Essen zu entdecken, hat mich heute Portulak entdecken lassen. Der türkische Besitzer des Marktstands, an dem ich den Portulak gekauft habe, fragte, ob ich wüsste, wie man ihn zubereiten würde? Er hatte keine Ahnung - genauso wenig wie ich. Also habe ich mit einem Sandwich angefangen, da kann man nicht wirklich was falsch machen. Ich habe es mit Meerrettichfrischkäse bestrichen, getrocknete Tomaten daraufgelegt und dann die Portulak-Spitzen. Darüber noch ein paar Tropfen Balsamicocreme - köstlich. Der Portulak schmeckt ein bißchen bitter, wie Rucola (ist allerdings viel einfacher zu kauen), was perfekt mit der Schärfe des Frischkäses, dem intensiven Salzgeschmack der Tomaten und der Süße der Balsamicocreme zusammegepasst hat ... Frühlingsessen, wie ich es liebe! 



Pin It!

1 Kommentare:

Anonym | 24. Mai 2015 um 19:40

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful this sounds and looks! Balsamico cream? Horseradish cream cheese? You are killing me here!! Beautiful images as always...You know I ♥️Food friday!

Kommentar veröffentlichen

I'd love to hear from you - Eure Kommentare sind das Schönste am Bloggen ...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...